Friday, October 25, 2013

Up to Speed

Well, its been a few months and much has transpired. I decided to adopt Mystics half brother Spirit from the same rescue I adopted Mystic from. Spirit came home with me August 13. I initially transported him to a board facility closer to home than where Mystic was. I quickly discovered that facility was a poor fit all the way around. Spirit was miserable, I was miserable and Mystic was separated from us by 70+ miles. I was doing a lot of driving and spending a good portion of my days off in the car visting them both separately. Luckily, an opportunity was presented to me through my farrier, Kyle. His fiancee, Kedra was with him one day as Mystic was getting his feet trimmed. She and I hit it off instantly and she could see Mystic was a pretty special boy. She owns 7 horses of her own, 5 of which are pure Mustangs. She mentioned she had a ranch business she was starting with her horses doing Equine Assisted Therapy. This happens to be a passion of mine as well. I told her about my board situation and she generously offered her place to bring Mystic and Spirit together. In exchange for some of the board cost, Mystic would have a job as one of her equine therapists. I was elated because Mystic is one of those horses endowed with a special healing presence. I knew he would be a perfect fit for her program and I would finally be able to reunite him with his brother. Plans were set in motion and the boys were reunited Sept 26. It was obvious to Kedra and I they recognized each other immediately. They have been inseperable ever since. They are turned out together daily in a small arena where Mystic has no problem asserting his role as "big brother" and are brought in at night to a separate pen next to each other. They still have not assimilated into Kedras own herd but there is time for that. We are taking everything slow. I am not sure where we will all end up on this journey but thats not important. I am enjoying every step of the way with my own little tribe. I am finding my way again with, and through, my horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment